A tab may refer to any of the following:
1. Tab is short for tabulate, which is the arrangement or layout of information in the form of a table (tabular).
2. With computer software (e.g., Internet browser), a tab is a clickable area at the top of a window that shows another page or area. See our software tab page for further information on this term.
3. Tab is a key on the keyboard, for further information on this term, see our Tab key page.
4. When describing a character, the tab character is created when pressing the Tab key or inserting the character code. See our tab character page for further information.
5. With a command, tabs is a Linux command that sets tabs in the terminal. See the tabs command for further information.
6. Data separated with tab characters is called tab-delimited or TSV (tab-separated values). See our TSV page for further information.
7. A tab is the name of a plastic piece used to enable/disable write-protection on floppy diskette drives.
8. A tab is sometimes used as an abbreviation for a tablet.