Temp may refer to any of the following:
1. Short for temporary, temp is a term used to describe anything that lasts for a limited time and is not permanent.
Temporary computer examples
Below are examples of things that are temporary related to computers.
- Volatile memory - Type of memory that stores information temporarily.
- Temporary directory - Computer directory that stores file temporarily while being used.
- Temp file or foo file - Temporary place to store data while a more permanent file is being created.
- Cache - Type of memory and disk location to temporarily store information and allow quicker future access to that same information.
2. Temp is an abbreviation for temperature.