Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Herbert Simon
Born: June 15, 1916, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Death: February 9, 2001 (Age: 85)
Computer related contributions
- Simon was a pioneer in the field of artificial intelligence
- With Allen Newell created the Logic Theory Machine and the General Problem Solver (GPS) programs.
- With almost a thousand very highly cited publications, he is one of the most influential social scientists of the 20th century.
- The Sciences of the Artificial. MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, 1969
Honors and awards
- Von Neumann Theory Prize (1988)
- National Medal of Science (1986)
- Nobel Prize in Economics (1978)
- Turing Award (1975)
"I don't care how big and fast computers are, they're not as big and fast as the world."