Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: John Doerr
Born: June 29, 1951, in St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- American venture capitalist widely regarded as one of the top technology venture capitalists in the world.
- Joined Intel Corporation in 1974 just as the firm was developing the 8080 8-bit Microprocessor. He eventually became one of Intel's most successful sales people.
- Joined Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in 1980. Since then, he has directed venture capital funding to some of the most successful technology companies in the world. These companies include Compaq, Netscape, Symantec, Sun, drugstore.com, Amazon.com, Intuit, Macromedia, and Google.
Honors and awards
- Inducted into the California Hall of Fame (2010).
- Fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences (2009).
- Named a Distinguished Alumnus of Rice University (1997).