Microsoft Hyper Terminal
About Hyper Terminal
Hyper Terminal is a communications software developed by Hilgraeve and is included in all versions of Microsoft Windows. With Hyper Terminal the user can connect and transfer files between the two computers.
Hyper Terminal was widely used by many Windows users to connect to Bulletin Board Systems and today is not as commonly used with the Internet. Although not used today, Hyper Terminal can be used to test a computer modem as well as an alternative for users who may not yet be connected to the Internet.
How do I run Terminal?
In Program Manager open the communications folder and double-click on Terminal.
Windows 95 and Windows 98
How do I run Hyper Terminal?
- Click Start > Programs > Accessories
- Within Accessories, click or double-click Hyper Terminal (If you do not see Hyper Terminal, click the Communications folder and then click Hyper Terminal). If you are unable to locate Hyper Terminal, it may not be installed.
How do I uninstall, reinstall, or install Hyper Terminal?
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel, and double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Within Add/Remove Programs, click the Windows Setup tab.
- Double-click the Communications icon.
- Check or uncheck the Hyper Terminal section, depending if you want Hyper Terminal to be installed or uninstalled. If you want to reinstall Hyper Terminal, uncheck Hyper Terminal and click OK. Then, repeat the above process and re-check Hyper Terminal.