Chrome is an Internet browser officially released by Google on December 11, 2008. It is a popular alternative to other browsers, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Some of the browser's features include browser sync, tabbed browsing, translation, spell check, resize form text boxes, Omnibox, and much more.
The Chrome browser is a light-weight browser, meaning it does not come pre-loaded with a bunch of add-ons or plug-ins. However, many different types of add-ons and plug-ins can be downloaded and installed in the Chrome browser for added features and functionality.
After being installed, the Chrome browser is automatically configured to download and install updates when available. To verify updates are being installed automatically, see our page on how to update your browser.
- How to install or uninstall the Google Chrome browser.
- Google Chrome questions and answers.
- Official Google Chrome browser website
- How to update your Internet browser
- How to change your browser's home page