How do I open Windows Media Player and determine its version?
Updated: 04/26/2017 by Computer Hope
Following are steps to open Windows Media Player in Microsoft Windows.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click All Programs (may be just Programs, depending on your version of Windows).
- Within the Programs list, you should see a shortcut for Windows Media Player. If you do not see a shortcut, look for a folder named Windows Media Player or just Media Player, and inside the folder there should be a shortcut for Windows Media Player.
Once Windows Media player is open, you can determine what version you have installed on your computer by following the steps below.
- Look for the Help option in the top menu. If you do not see a top menu, press the Alt key on your keyboard. The top menu should become visible or show a pop-up menu instead. Select Help in the top menu or the pop-up menu.
- Under Help, select About Windows Media Player. This window displays the version of the Windows Media Player.
- What programs can I use to burn or create CD's on my computer?
- See the rip definition for further information and related links.