Where can I get pirated software?
Pirated software or warez is a serious issue for the computer industry. Computer Hope will not assist any user with pirated software or help users with locating it. Below are the reasons why you shouldn't purchase or install pirated software.
Why you shouldn't pirate software
- It's illegal. If caught, you, your parents, or your company can be stuck with a large fine.
- Piracy is one of the most common ways to get computer viruses, Trojans, and malware. Pirated software can also include key loggers and logging software installed with the program that steal passwords and sensitive data.
- If the program was burned or created improperly, it can cause it not to work or cause problems with your computer.
- If it doesn't include a CD key or valid product key, or the developer marked it as invalid, you won't be able to install or run the program.
- If you're buying pirated software and it doesn't work, it's almost impossible to get a refund of your money.
- You receive no support from the company and no documentation for the software product.
- You will receive no free upgrades, offers, updates, or patches.
- Causes lost profits for computer companies, which can contribute to higher prices, less innovation, and possibly the downfall of the company.
- If you are pirating computer games that are playable over the Internet, you more than likely can't play the game with your friends.
How to prevent buying pirated software
With the popularity of purchasing software over the Internet, piracy is invading several Internet stores and auction sites. When buying software over the Internet, make sure you are purchasing a legal copy by following the below guidelines.
- Make sure the place of purchase has a return policy and contact information.
- If the price sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
- Do not purchase beta software.
- Do not purchase software that is described as CD only or with no documentation.
- Do not buy discs marked as OEM (original equipment manufacturer) or NFR (not for resale).
- Do not purchase software that's on CD-R or CD-RW, or DVD-R, or DVD-RW that was made by a personal computer.