Portable MP3 and media player developed by Apple and available for both the Mac and the PC that first began being sold October 23, 2001. The iPod is capable of holding up to 10,000 songs, is easy to use, and is very portable. All these features and its great look is why it's such a popular device. Although not required, many iPod users use Apple iTunes to purchase and download songs. In the image to the right, is an example of an early version of the Apple iPod.
- iPod - standard model, capable of playing video files
- iPod Mini - a smaller version of the standard iPod
- iPod Photo - an iPod with the capability of storing and displaying pictures on the LCD.
- iPod Nano - small iPod with a small screen.
- iPod Shuffle - a much smaller iPod with no LCD
- iPod Touch (iTouch) - capable of playing music, running apps, and a connecting to the App store via a Wi-Fi connection.