Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Donn B. Parker
- Information security researcher and consultant and a 2008 Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Spent 30 years at SRI International working in information and computer security.
- Proposed the Parkerian Hexad, six atomic and orthogonal elements of information security that extent the traditional model of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (the CIA triad) (2002).
- Crime by Computer (1976).
- Ethical Conflicts in Computer Science and Technology (1979).
- Fighting Computer Crime (1983).
- Computer Security Management (1983).
- Ethical Conflicts in Information and Computer Science, Technology, and Business (1990).
- Computer Security Reference Book (1993).
- Fighting Computer Crime, a New Framework for Protecting Information (1998).
Honors and awards
- Information Systems Security Association's Individual Achievement Award (1992).
- Awarded the National Computer System Security Award (1994).
- MIS Infosecurity News' Lifetime Achievement Award (1996).
- Named to the Information Systems Security Association's Hall of Fame (2000).