Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Leon Chua
Born: June 28, 1936, in the Philippines
- Professor of electrical engineering and computer sciences departments at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Known for his work in nonlinear circuit theory and CNN (cellular neural network) theory.
- Inventor of Chua's circuit.
- First to assert the existence of the memristor.
- Memristor Networks (2014).
- A Nonlinear Dynamics Perspective of Wolfram's New Kind of Science (2013).
- Local Activity Principle: The Cause of Complexity and Symmetry Breaking (2013).
- The Universe as Automaton: From Simplicity and Symmetry to Complexity (2011).
- Cellular Neural Networks and Visual Computing: Foundations and Applications (2002).
- Methods of Qualitative Theory in Nonlinear Dynamics (2002).
Honors and awards
- Guggenheim Fellowship (2010).
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Vitold Belevitch Award (2007).
- IEEE Gustav Robert Kirchhoff Award (2005).
- IEEE Neural Networks Pioneer Award (2000).
- M. E. Van Valkenburg Award (1995 and 1998).
- IEEE Guillemin-Cauer Award (1972, 1985, 1989).
- IEEE W.R.G. Baker Prize Paper Award (1973).
- IEEE Browder J. Thompson Memorial Prize Award (1967).