Updated: 12/01/2019 by Computer Hope
Name: Robert Gentleman
- Canadian bioinformatician and statistician.
- Chief science officer at 23andMe (appointed 2015).
- Co-creator of the R programming language with Ross Ihaka.
- Senior Director at Bioinformatics.
- Bioconductor Case Studies (Use R!) (2013).
- R Programming for Bioinformatics (2008).
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor (2005).
Honors and awards
- ISCB Fellow, International Society for Computational Biology (2014).
- Statistical Computing and Graphics Award (2010).
- Ross L. Prentice Professor of Biostatistics (2009).
- Benjamin Franklin Award (2008).
"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal science."