Updated: 09/15/2017 by Computer Hope
Name: Robert Gentleman
Computer related contributions
- Canadian bioinformatician and statistician.
- Known for being one of the creators of the R programming language.
- Senior Director at Bioinformatics.
- Bioconductor Case Studies (Use R!) (2013)
- R Programming for Bioinformatics (2008)
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor (2005)
Honors and awards
- ISCB Fellow, International Society for Computational Biology (2014)
- Statistical Computing and Graphics Award (2010)
- Ross L. Prentice Professor of Biostatistics (2009)
- Benjamin Franklin Award (2008)
"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal science."