How to move the mouse cursor with the keyboard in Windows
How to move the mouse cursor with the keyboard in Windows.
Microsoft Windows users can enable the accessibility feature to move the mouse using their arrow keys by following the below steps.
Tip: In addition to the below steps, pressing the shortcut key Alt + Left Shift + Numlock will also enable Mouse Keys.
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
- Within the Control Panel open Accessibility Options or Ease of Access
- Click the Mouse tab.
- Check the "Use Mouse Keys" check box.
- If you wish to increase the speed or change any other settings, click on the Settings button.
- Click Apply and then close out of the box.
After performing the above steps you will be able to used the numeric keypad as a mouse moving up, down, left, right, and all the diagonals. In addition, you may also use the center "5" key as a left click.
Note: You must have the Number lock on for this feature to work by default. This can be changed through the settings.