How to move the mouse cursor with the keyboard in Windows
Microsoft Windows users can enable the accessibility feature to move the mouse using their arrow keys by following the steps below.
Tip: In addition to the steps below, pressing the shortcut key Alt + Left Shift + Numlock also enable Mouse Keys.
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel.
- Within the Control Panel open Accessibility Options or Ease of Access
- Click the Mouse tab.
- Check the "Use Mouse Keys" check box.
- If you want to increase the speed or change any other settings, click on the Settings button.
- Click Apply and then close out of the box.
After performing the above steps the numeric keypad can be used as the mouse by using the up, down, left, right, and all the diagonals. Also, you can use the center "5" key as a left click.
Note: You must have the Number lock on for this feature to work by default. This can be changed through the settings.