Find is a term used to describe a process of locating a specified text, file, document, or other object on a computer or the Internet. For example, you can press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + F now to open a find window and search for any text on this page.
Generally speaking, when wanting to look for text in a current document it is referred to as "find." However, if you want to look for text in multiple documents or pages, it is referred to as "search" instead of find.
- How to find information on the Internet.
- How can I find people online?
- How to use the Windows find files feature.
- See the find command page for further information about the MS-DOS and Windows command line command.
- How do I determine and change my computer's name?
- Information about the Linux command can be found on our Linux find command page.