A home tab may refer to any of the following:
1. In general, the home tab is a tab or button in an application or web page that returns you to the home section.
2. In Microsoft Office, the Home tab is the default tab in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office products. The picture shows an example of the Home tab in Microsoft Word.
Home tab features
The Microsoft Word Home tab provides many features to users, including the following.
- Change font type, size, and color.
- Set text to be bold or underlined.
- Add or remove highlighting color around text.
- Justify text on the page to be left, center, or right aligned.
- Add bullet point or numbered lists.
- Increase or decrease line and paragraph spacing.
- Increase or decrease text indentation.
- Add, change, or remove borders around text, text boxes, and tables.
- Add or modify heading types.
- Insert a horizontal line.
- Find or replace text.
The Home tab in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint includes many of the same or similar features, along with some different features specific to those applications.
Home tab keyboard shortcuts
Use the keyboard shortcut Alt+H to show keyboard shortcuts for items in the Home tab. Once pressed each item in the Home tab are shown with their corresponding keys to press as shown in the example below.
For example, you could press Alt+H and then press 1 to bold the text in the selected cell.