Updated: 09/03/2019 by Computer Hope
Snap may refer to any of the following:
1. An Ethernet networking protocol. For additional information about SNAP, see our Ethernet definition.
2. Snap is a feature introduced in Microsoft Windows 7 that allows the user to view two windows side by side, without having to resize the window.
To snap a window to the left press and hold the Windows key and then the left arrow. To snap a window to the right press and hold the Windows key and press the right arrow.
3. Snap is an abbreviation sometimes used to describe Snapchat.
4. In Microsoft Windows 8, a snapped app is any app that is snapped to right or left side of the screen. To snap an app in Windows 8, click the top of the app and drag it to the left or right-side of the screen.
5. Snap server is a server product now made by Quantum.
Ethernet, Operating system terms