Zero may refer to any of the following:
1. Zero is a numerical value represented as "0" that is equal to nothing and is not negative or positive. On a computer keyboard with a numeric keypad, there are two 0's. One zero in the top row of numbers and the other 0 on the keypad.
What symbol is on the 0 key?
On U.S. keyboards, the 0 key is on the same key has the close parenthesis.
Other computer terms with "zero" in them
The following list is other computer-related terms with the word "zero" in them.
- Zero Administration Kit
- Zero configuration network
- Zeroday Emergency Response Team
- Zero filling
- Zero insertion force socket
- Zero latency
- Zero out
- Zero potential
- Zero suppression
- Zero wait state
For computer terms that start with the number 0, see our computer number terms.
2. In binary, 0 is equal to Off.
5. The letter "O" is sometimes confused for the number zero (0). To help differentiate between an "o" and zero, a zero may have a dot or a forward slash. Showing the zero this way helps the reader quickly identify numbers from letters. For example, looking at the picture, you can quickly identify the zero in the "COMPUTER H0PE" text. However, in the font used here on the website, the "0" is not as easy to notice.