Embedded may refer to any of the following:
2. In general, embedded or an embedded system is a term used to describe an object, software, or hardware that is independent and does not need an external program or device to run it. A good example is an embedded operating system, which is software included in many specialized devices.
Examples of Embedded Systems
- Cash registers.
- Cell phone and Smartphones.
- Consoles like the PlayStation, Wii, and Xbox.
- DVD and Blu-ray players.
- Home appliances like fridges, microwaves, and washing machines.
- Manufacturing robots.
- Medical equipment.
- Printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Security cameras.
- Smoke detectors.
- Ventilating systems.