Windows 10 April 2018 Update
Windows 10 April 2018 Update is an update to Microsoft Windows 10 released in April 2018. It is the first major update to Windows 10 following the Fall Creators Update of October 2017. It brings many significant changes to the Windows 10 operating system.
What's new in the April 2018 update?
The April 2018 update includes several new and redesigned features, with a strong focus on privacy, activity sharing, and syncing your device activities to the cloud.
To control what Activity information you share with Microsoft, go to Settings → Privacy → Activity History.
Then, get the app from the Microsoft store. After you install the program, you'll find it in your Start menu under D → Diagnostic Data Viewer.
How do I know if the April 2018 update is already installed?
The April 2018 Update is downloaded and installed automatically through Windows Update. Most users would receive it sometime in May 2018 or later.
In general, you can check your Windows operating system version in your Settings.
- Open Settings by doing one of the following.
- Press Windows Key + i.
- Open your Start menu, then click the gear icon (⚙).
- Press Windows Key + x to open the Power User Tasks Menu, then click Settings.
- In your Settings, click About.
- Under Windows specifications, check your Version number. If it's 1803 or greater, the April 2018 update is installed.
How can I get the April 2018 Update?
Microsoft's "progressive roll out" system automatically chooses when to update your computer. Newer computers get the update first.
You can open your Windows Update settings to see if the April 2018 update is ready to install on your computer. If it hasn't downloaded yet, you can ask Windows to check if it's available for you.
- In your Settings home view, choose Update & Security → Windows Update.
- If the newest update is ready to install, you'll see information about it. When you are ready to apply the update, close all other applications and click the Restart now button. Your computer will reboot and apply the update.
- If instead, you see a button labeled Check for updates, click it to initiate any downloads required by the update. When the download is complete, click Restart now to apply the update.