Adobe Photoshop is available in different versions, with the latest version being Adobe Photoshop CC, which is short for Creative Cloud. Below is a listing of some of the earlier versions.
Photoshop CS (8.0)
Adobe Photoshop is the premiere graphic and photo editing program used by almost all professionals. Photoshop CC supports all formats of images, including BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, TIF, and allows for virtually any image to be imported, edited, and customized into almost anything imaginable.
Below are just a few of the great features of Photoshop CC.
- Creative Cloud Libraries - Users can access their images virtually anywhere, as images worked on are saved in the Creative Cloud.
- Improved Exporting - Allows users to export images in several ways with a single click, including single layer and full image. Also, has better compression for cloud storage ease.
- Artboard Design - Create images in multiple sizes and layouts for different screen sizes, like computers, smartphones, and tablets. Great when creating images and layouts for responsive design.
- 3D Model Resolution Management - Easily reduce 3D model resolution, to allow for better viewing on smartphones and tablets.
Adobe Photoshop Elements is a release of Photoshop that still contains many of the powerful tools available in Adobe Photoshop CC. However, some of the more advanced features are not available, allowing for a lower priced version of Adobe Photoshop.
Below is a listing of some of the features that Photoshop Elements has.
- Import/export GIF, JPEG, and PNG files
- Crop and rotate images
- Red eye removal
- Image combining
- Panorama creation
- Image noise reduction
- Image haze control
- Tag photos and Map out where photos were taken
- Email photos or post to social media
- Photo book creation
Some of the features found in Photoshop CC, but not in Photoshop Elements, include the following.
- More advanced capabilities for black and white conversion
- Automatically straighten images
- Duotone, tritone and quadtone creation
- Precision highlights and shadows control
- Create and print 3D photos
- Create HDR photos
- Edit an image once and update it in all locations
- Share images in web galleries
- Integrates with Adobe Slate and Adobe Voice, as well as other third-party applications
Plugins allow a user to quickly and easily add visual effects to their images using Adobe Photoshop and the applicable plugin.
Eye Candy - Eye Candy is an excellent plugin for users wanting to add visual effects (filters) to their images, such as animal fur, chrome, fire, lightning, reptile skin, smoke, and more. Eye Candy is a product of Alien Skin Software.
- Image questions and answers.
- See our definition for further information and related links on this term.