How to subscribe to or unsubscribe from a YouTube channel
YouTube has a staggering number of videos to watch, posted by many different users. Frequently, an individual creates multiple videos about a similar subject. If you find a content creator you enjoy, you can subscribe to their channel for easy access, and to receive updates when new videos are added. To learn how to subscribe to or unsubscribe from a YouTube channel, follow the steps below.
You cannot subscribe to a YouTube channel without an account. If you don't have one, see: How to start a YouTube channel.
How to subscribe to a YouTube channel
- Go to the YouTube website and click in the upper-right corner (if you're not already signed in to your YouTube account).
- Locate the channel that you want to subscribe. There is a search box in the middle of the screen near the top.
- Once you've found the channel, click the button. It should be located below the video on the right side.
How to unsubscribe from a YouTube channel
- Go to the YouTube website and click the button in the upper-right corner (if you're not already signed in to your YouTube account).
- In the upper-left corner of the screen, click the button.
- In the menu that appears, look for the SUBSCRIPTIONS tab.
- In the upper-right corner of the next screen, click the MANAGE link.
- Click the button on the right side of the channel you want to unsubscribe.
- When the prompt loads, click UNSUBSCRIBE.