Updated: 05/02/2021 by Computer Hope
Q may refer to any of the following:
1. Q is an abbreviation sometimes used for "question" and "quality." For example, QA (quality assurance) and Q&A (questions and answers).
2. Q is a key used with the keyboard shortcuts Alt+Q, Command+Q, and Ctrl+Q.
3. Q or q is the SI derived unit of coulomb electric charge.
4. In command line commands such as debug, "q" is used to quit the program.
5. With Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs, "Q" is the seventeenth column of a spreadsheet. To reference the first cell in the column, you'd use "Q1."
6. In the phonetic alphabet, "Q" is often pronounced as "Quebec."
7. Q is the seventeenth letter of the English alphabet. The letter "Q" comes after "P" and is followed by the letter "R." To create a capitalized "Q" press the Shift and Q key at the same time.
With U.S. QWERTY keyboards, the "Q" key is on the top row, right of the Tab key, and left of the "W" key. See our keyboard page for a visual example of all keyboard keys.
In ASCII the uppercase "Q" is "081" in decimal (01010001 in binary). The lowercase "q" is "113" in decimal (01110001 in binary).
Computer abbreviations, Letter