Updated: 05/01/2023 by Computer Hope
T may refer to any of the following:
1. T is an abbreviation of tera.
2. T is a keyboard key used with the keyboard shortcuts Alt+T, Command+T, and Ctrl+T.
3. With the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board), a "T" rating is short for "teen" and is a game meant for players over the age of 13.
4. With a regular expression, \t matches a tab.
5. With Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs, "T" is the twentieth column of a spreadsheet. To reference the first cell in the column, you'd use "T1."
6. In Adobe Photoshop, T is a shortcut to select the text tools.
7. T is the SI-derived symbol of tera.
8. In the phonetic alphabet, "T" is often pronounced as "tango."
9. With Microsoft Narrator, pressing the "T" key navigates to the next table.
10. With days of the week, T is an abbreviation for Tuesday.
11. T is the twentieth letter of the English alphabet. The letter "T" comes after "S" and is followed by the letter "U." To create a capitalized "T," press Shift and T at the same time.
With U.S. QWERTY keyboards, the "T" key is on the top row, right of the "R" and left of the "Y" key. See our keyboard page for a visual example of all keyboard keys.
In ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange), the uppercase "T" is "084" in decimal (01010100 in binary). The lowercase "t" is "116" in decimal (01110100 in binary).
Doing the Alt code Alt+84 creates a capital "T," and Alt+116 creates a lowercase "t" character.
The number 8 on a phone keypad creates a "T" on a US phone.
Computer abbreviations, Letter