Zentyal, formerly known as eBox Platform, is a software suite for Linux servers aimed at small-to-medium-sized businesses. It is an alternative to traditional server applications such as Windows Server and is built on Ubuntu and Apache. Although the software is open-source, the company makes a profit by offering paid technical support. Its website is located at www.zentyal.org.
Zentyal software has the following features:
- Firewall and routing
- NAT and port redirection
- VLAN 802.1Q
- Multiple PPPoE and DHCP gateways
- Load balancing and automatic failover.
- Traffic shaping
- Graphical traffic rate monitoring
- Intrusion detection system
- Dynamic DNS
- DHCP server
- NTP server
- DNS server, with dynamic updates over DHCP.
- RADIUS server
- VPN with dynamic routes
- HTTP proxy
- Internet cache
- User authentication
- Content filtering
- Transparent antivirus
- Delay pools
- Mail Server
- Virtual domains
- SIEVE support
- External account retrieval
- POP3 and IMAP over SSL/TLS
- Spam filtering
- Transparent POP3 proxy filter
- Catch-all accounts
Web server with virtual hosts support
- Certification authority
- Centralized users and groups management.
- Master/slave support
- Active Directory synchronization
- Windows PDC support
- Password policies
- Support for Windows 7 clients
- Software updates
Network resource sharing, including printer serving
- Groupware (calendar, address book, wiki, etc.)
- VoIP server with voicemail, conference rooms, calls through external providers, call transfers and parking, music on hold, queues, and logs.
- Jabber/XMPP server
Reporting and monitoring
- Monitors CPU, load, disk space, thermal information, memory usage.
- RAID status
- System reports
- Event notification via mail, RSS, or Jabber.