Samsung Galaxy S
Updated: 06/07/2019 by Computer Hope
Originally released in June 2010, the Samsung Galaxy S is a brand of Android smartphones and tablets created by Samsung. The Galaxy S series is one of Samsung's most high-end phone lineups, but other options are also available from the company.
Versions of the Samsung Galaxy S phone
- Samsung Galaxy S - The original Samsung Galaxy S, released in 2010 with 512 MB RAM.
- Samsung Galaxy S II - Released in 2011 with 1 GB RAM, and a slightly larger 4.3-inch screen.
- Samsung Galaxy S III - Released in 2012 and added the Multi-Window feature, along with a larger 4.8-inch screen with a higher resolution.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 - Released in 2013 with a 5-inch, higher resolution display, and 2 GB RAM.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 - Released in 2014 with a camera capable of filming 4K video, and a fingerprint scanner.
- Samsung Galaxy S6, 6S Edge, and S6 Edge+ - Released in 2015 with three different models, the S6 Edge, with slightly enhanced specifications, and the S6 Edge+, featuring a 5.7-inch display. These phones also adopted Qi wireless charging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge - Released in 2016 with the "always on" display, 4 GB RAM, and a 5.5-inch display.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Released in 2017, the Galaxy S8 brought back the larger S8+ model, a reduced bezel size by removing the home button and placing a fingerprint sensor on the back. The plus model has 6 GB RAM and introduced the Bixby voice assistant.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ - Released in 2018 with Dolby surround sound and camera improvements including an adjusting aperture. The S9+ also introduced dual rear cameras.
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, and S10+ - Released in 2019 with a fingerprint reader embedded in the touch screen, and a front facing camera which sits in the top-right corner, rather than adopting the notch which other phones use. The S10e is a more affordable version of the phone with less high-end specifications.
Versions of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S - Released in 2014 with an 8.4-inch display and 3 GB RAM.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - Released in 2015 with a higher resolution, and 32 or 64 GB of storage.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - Released in 2017 with 4 GB RAM, and a 128 GB storage option.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 - Released in 2018 with 64 to 256 GB of storage.