The Surface Pro is a line of 2-in-1 computers that are part of the Surface family of products by Microsoft. It was the first tablet to run a full Windows operating system. It features an adjustable kickstand for customizing the viewing angle. The Surface Pro has several accessories that are sold separately, including the following.
- Surface Pen - A stylus used to write and draw on the screen.
- Type Cover - A magnetic folio cover that is a screen protector and keyboard.
Surface pro versions
Below is a list of each version of the Surface Pro and their release dates.
- Surface Pro - February 9, 2013
- Surface Pro 2 - October 22, 2013
- Surface Pro 3 - June 20, 2014
- Surface Pro 4 - October 26, 2015
- Surface Pro 2017 (fifth gen) - June 15, 2017
- Surface Pro 6 - October 16, 2018
The Surface Pro 6 is 0.3-inches thick and weighs only 1.7 pounds (without the optional magnetic folio cover). It features an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, an Intel UHD Graphics 620 integrated GPU (graphics processing unit), up to 16 GB of RAM, and up to 1 TB of SSD storage. It offers connections for USB 3.0 and Mini DisplayPort, and has a 3.5 mm headphone jack.