A folder is a location that stores multiple files and other folders found on Apple Macintoshcomputers, computers running Microsoft Windows, and other GUI operating systems. The picture shows an example of what a folders with files looks like in Microsoft Windows. When in a command line, folders are referred to as directories.
- How to create a directory or folder.
- How do I delete a file or folder?
- How do I change directories?
- How to copy a directory or folder.
- How do I change the name of a file or folder?
- What is the difference between a directory and folder?
- How do I count how many files are in a folder?
- How to share a folder or directory in Windows.
- Tip on creating custom folder icons.