A folder is a location that stores multiple files and other folders found on Apple Macintoshcomputers, computers running Microsoft Windows, and other GUI operating systems. In the picture to the right, is an example of what a folders with files looks like in Microsoft Windows. When in a command line, folders are referred to as directories.
- How to create a directory or folder.
- How do I delete a file or folder?
- How do I change directories?
- How to copy a directory or folder.
- How do I change the name of a file or folder?
- What is the difference between a directory and folder?
- How do I count how many files are in a folder?
- How to share a folder or directory in Windows.
- Tip on creating custom folder icons.