A folder is a virtual location where files and other folders can be located. Computers with an Apple,Microsoft Windows, or other GUI operating system have folders to help users store and organize their files. The picture shows an example of what a folders with files looks like in Microsoft Windows.
- How to create a directory or folder.
- How do I delete a file or folder?
- How do I change directories?
- How to copy a directory or folder.
- How do I change the name of a file or folder?
- What is the difference between a directory and folder?
- How do I count how many files are in a folder?
- How to share a folder or directory in Windows.
- Tip on creating custom folder icons.